My clinic is following information provided by AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Authority) and Osteopathy Australia, both of which are guided by the public health orders being released by NSW Health.
As your osteopath I want to reassure you that I am always making your individual health my highest priority and taking additional steps to ensure your appointment is as safe as possible. I am fully vaccinated but do treat patients who cannot be vaccinated and those with various health conditions that make them more vulnerable to contracting Covid.
Therefore, I will be asking those with a medical exemption or not vaccinated to provide evidence of a negative Covid test taken within 48 hours of their appointment.
As an osteopath I clearly cannot maintain 1.5m social distancing (my arms aren’t that long) so I have put some additional precautions into place to do my best to keep you all safe when in my clinic and avoid possible shutdowns for quarantine:
- I will be wearing a N95 face mask and face shield
- I will Covid test every weekend
- I have installed a 4-stage hospital grade HEPA air purifier unit to clean the air continuously
- Wherever possible I will have the window open slightly to encourage fresh airflow
- I will use hospital grade cleaning products between each patient on all areas of communal contact
- I will wash my hands with medical hand soap between every patient
- I will temperature check every patient before beginning treatment
- I will manage my diary to ensure that those with a medical exemption or are not vaccinated are seen at the end of either my morning or afternoon sessions so that no-one is directly after them and the room is aired.
Please can I ask you to:
- Check in using my Kathryn Osteopath specific QR code on the front door or at reception
- Wear a facemask whenever inside the clinic
- Help yourself to hand sanitiser in either reception or on my desk
- Confidentially share with me your vaccination progress or medical exemption
- Let me know if you are not feeling well so that we can reschedule (if you provide 24 hrs notice or I am able to fill the appointment from my waitlist I will not charge a cancellation fee).
If you have a medical exemption from vaccination or wearing a mask you must contact me before your appointment to discuss your individual needs. Exemptions cannot be managed without prior arrangements being made.
All of these precautions are contained within my Covid Safe Plan that is registered with NSW Health, and have been communicated with my other colleagues within the Arthur Street Specialists building.
If you would like to talk to me about how this policy affect you personally, please do not hesitate to get in touch by either calling 0421 812331 or emailing email@example.com